Monday, November 22, 2010

HE'S BACK!!!

It was a weekend of drama, but the husband finally made it home!

He left North Carolina Friday afternoon and had 2 plane changes - one in Atlanta and the other in Salt Lake City. All was going well until 8 PM-ish when I get the call: "my plane is delayed for about an hour and a half, call everyone to let them know not to be at the air port at 9:30".
Easy enough. I made a few phone calls to family and friends and told them I'd let them know when Sean was expected to arrive.
I got home from dinner and a movie with my mom only to receive the worst call of the night. "Flight is cancelled. The plane we are waiting on is stuck in Kalispell, MT with bad weather. They are putting me up in a hotel for the night and I don't know when my flight is tomorrow."
All my energy was drained by then. I had no emotional reaction because I was so excited all week, that the bad news just made me tired. I crawled into bed and passed out for the last time without a husband in my bed.
The next morning, I got a call from Sean saying he didn't know when his flight was because of bad weather and broken plane drama. About 11:20 i get a call that he is getting on a plane and will be home around 1. So I make a few calls to friends and family notifying them when to be at the air port. I do a few last minute touch-ups on the house and left at 12:20 thinking in the snow and bad roads, it'll take me 25 minutes to get to the air port leaving plenty of time for me to greet Sean at his gate. I was half way across town when I get a text from Sean - I've landed!
WHAT?!? NOOOOO!!! His plane is 15 minutes early and I'm not there yet!! Turned out that no one had made it to the air port on time to greet him getting off the plane! HAHA!
But all was well. He was down at the baggage carrousel waiting on his 2 bags when I found him. My mom actually made it to the air port before me, and was the first to greet him. A few friends joined us a few minutes later, and it was a happy Welcoming Home for Sean.
Upon walking out of the air port, he went into almost immediate system shock - it was 70 degrees the previous day in NC; Great Falls weather was 3 degrees with a 25 MPH wind. Needless to say, he was shivering instantly. But in the 2 days being home, he's slowly acclimating to the cold. Today's his 1st day of work on the flight line up at the MANG, so he should be issued cold weather gear and shouldn't be as miserable.

Life is good and I finally feel whole. 7 months without a hubby is HARD work, but having him home is the best thing in the world! Thank you all for the sweet words of encouragement and prayers. We love you all!

2 comments:

Emily said...

So happy for you and proud of you both!

Jacqueline said...

So glad he's home. I can't imagine what the last 7 months have been like. Hooray for having him home!